Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The bitter end: #3 Bold ain't bulletproof

I stepped into the office this mornin' with an optimistic mind today. Was gonna get some real work done and be one step closer to out the door to whatever's next for me. Then I had to go into the clinic...

I needed a couple things outta one of my treatment rooms. I round the corner into my hallway to a couple new faces, my replacements. Didn't know it at the time, but by the time I made it into my room, I had it figured out. Everything of mine is laid in the floor and what was my space was fast filling with equipment from the outsource company brought in to do the job I just lost.

Ballsy huh? Bringing in the new before the old is gone... I spent the rest of my mornin' in my truck smoking cigarettes, trying to decide whether I could remain calm thru the rest of my obligations to my contract. It's this kind of cut throat, careless, heartless, holier than thou means of doing business that leads to "goin' postal".

I'd be lyin' if I said my mind hasn't rolled all kinds of wicked ideas around in the last three days. Lucky for those involved, I have a great support base and I'm realitively stable upstairs. I'd like nothing more right now than to show them that had it been a lesser person they fucked with, that their decisions/actions would/could have carried much heavier consequences.

5 comments:

  1. dude that shitty. im sure we can think of some really good passive aggressive way to get em back. we need some whiskey and a good couple hours to brain storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks Jed. I'm so sorry. You did the right thing, though. And Karma's a bitch, they'll get theirs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit man, I didn't realize they were gonna replace you. I thought they just got rid of your part of the practice. Those guys are douche bags fo show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear, bud. Better things are yet to come, I am sure. Everything happens for a reason, IMO.

    ReplyDelete