Monday, September 14, 2009

The bitter end: #2 Guilty dog syndrome

I've walked in and out of my office and lab, thru the clinic and to the front a number of times today. You can see in the faces of the general staff that they know something is wrong, but don't really know what. I've only crossed paths with one partner today and you could smell the fear and taste the tention in the clinic. The other two must be avoiding me like the black dead, cuz normally I would catch them in passing many times throughout the day. Can't say I blame the one. He is the one that when things started changing and power shifted, made a point to come tell me "how much he and the others wanted me to stay", and "how appreciated I was around the office". I feel like he was honest in those thoughts then, but was then railroaded by the other two into this ultimately ugly end to our relationship. Even in the meeting last week, when they announced their decision, he wouldn't look at me. Does that make him better or worse than the rest? Only time will tell, but for now, they can all continue to look away as I pass. There is a sick and twisted feeling of justice and self worth that runs up my spine to see the guilty dogs cowering into whatever paperwork or conversation they can find to hide their eyes from mine.

1 comment:

  1. if he fought for you that's one thing but if he folded then that's another..bastid..

    ReplyDelete