Monday, September 14, 2009

The bitter end: #1 Let the games begin

Some know, most don't, but my medical practice was officially terminated last Friday. My clinic has been under new ownership for about the last month, and the new partners have decided their best business move was to no longer continue to provide in house pedorthic treatment. "Nothing personal", they told me, as I was handed my contract release papers.

Feels personal. Feels like I was viewed as part of the old guard around here, and in that, some kind of threat to their new found riches. I feel as if I could never trust anyone that my only ties are business relations. I see more clearly the rational of those people who, in times past, have walked thru the offices of their would be betrayers with automatic weapons, as if that somehow levels the injustice they've recently been served. That's not my style or form of justice though. No, I'd much rather uphold my end of the deal by taking care of my patients and their needs until the closure date, Oct 9th. From that date, I will have fulfilled my end of my contract.

Later, when these corporate scumbags try to stiff this seemingly simple country boy they don't respect, I will have my justice served at the end of a courtroom gavel. I fully expect these people to try to wiggle out of any and all moneys due to me, and I am already preparing for such. I will have my proverbial pipebombs at the ready, to strategically place up each of their arrogant asses.

Stay tuned for more, as I'm sure this isn't the end, just the beginning of it...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck man, I hope you get what is owed to you and I hope you don't spend too much trying to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sonofabitch..that sucks..you could open up a shop in west and treat all these small towns..they only have your grandpa and he only comes what 2 a month?

    ReplyDelete