Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Someone is twisting my own web, and it brought on a most interesting topic

I was talking with a new referral, minion #436, about today's rant, which was her first Dose ever. I've no idea who she is or who referred her to our, no longer little, cult. Just that she has a local area code and her code name is "Lucky".

My day is moderately slow, so I curiously continue conversation with "Lucky". I've so far concluded that either it is a woman one of you local match makers gave my number to, or one of my buddies idea of cruel and unusual punishment, and it's a guy one of you work with, or worst case it's a trap...

Either way, this conversation has gone far beyond the normal complete stranger questions like, "Where do you come up with this shit?" and "Wow, what's wrong with you?"... Lucky asks me, "What one word best describes you and/or your charater as a whole?"

After hours of "WTF?s" and careful thought, I decide to respond. "Intense". Nothing more, nothing less, just that word. Must have thrown her/him/it for a loop, cuz that was before 2pm, and it's now 4:15pm.

The question itself got me to thinkin' though, and you know what happens when that goes down...

I can put the word "intense" in every self-aware sentence I can write about me, and it not only be true, but it properly describes me in better detail than without it. I've spent a vast majority of my afternoon trying to come up with another word that can do that, and have come up empty.

I mean, there are only so many things that anyone knows about themself with absolute certainty. Makes me wonder, if anyone else has "that one word" figured out? How many people do I have to share my word with? Does the fact that I always find myself intensely thinkin' over every subject, topic, choice, move, and decision I ever make only make me think this is my word? Am I wrong about my word? Will this novel haunt not only my dreams, but the dreams of those souls that have made it this far without having a nuclear explosion of the brain?

Do you have that one word? Did you enjoy this, or are you searching for a handgun to put me or yourself outta your misery? Leave me a comment

3 comments:

  1. I would tend to agree with your chosen word. Mine is similar but different. Mine would be passionate, which is a different kind of intensity. If I'm passionate about something, come hell or high water, I'm going to be all about it and do whatever I can to promote it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there was a meme going around for a while and you were supposed to only use one word to describe you and the one I got the most of was'crazy'...so I think if I was crazy and intense you'd be reading about me on the 10 o'clock news..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I think other folks would do better with choosing my one word. I have no idea what word would be describe me and I don't want to think about myself for an extended period of time.. LOL

    ReplyDelete